How awesome is it that Lise Watier decided to partner up with a beauty vlogger to create a makeup collection? We’ve seen this type of partnership happen before with other US companies, but with Lise Watier being Canadian, it feels like this collaboration is happening “within the family”. The Alex Collection is described as a “luminous collection for both young girls women alike” and has been created by YouTuber Alexandra Larouche of Alex Fashion Beauty. I had not heard of Alex until this collection launched as her channel is in French and even with my high school knowledge of the language, it can get hard to follow especially when she’s excited about something!
Collection Alex consists of three products, sold exclusively on the Lise Watier website as a tribute to the medium that has made Alex successful. The rose gold packaging is just gorgeous and the chevrons are a symbol that Alex has adopted throughout her vlogging career.
Duo Blush and Glow ($29 CDN)
This little duo is not something I normally would have picked up as I never know what to do with the shimmery shade. The blush is a beautiful compliment to the rose gold elements in the eyeshadow palette as swatches almost brown on my skin tone. I tend to go for brighter, more pink blushes, but when I actually wore it on my cheeks I was pleasantly surprised by how “glowy” my skin looked.
I feel like this eyeshadow quad is the belle of the ball. I can see any woman of any age wearing these colours. The rose gold shade is the largest in this quad and rightly so because you will be using this shade A LOT. The matte taupe shade works as a great crease colour and the deep shimmery plum shade that gives depth to this palette. Finally, there is a shimmery white shade that makes a wonderful highlighter. This palette has everything you need!
Rouge Fondant Supreme in Alex ($24 CDN)
Super shiny and moisturizing like a lip butter, this was my first experience with Lise Watier’s Rouge Fondant lip balm line and I was fairly pleased. The colour Alex was a fairly neutral light pink that appeared much darker in the case. It was quite hydrating and my lips were perfectly happy for about 3 hours.
Now, let’s put it all together!
- After applying primer to eyelids, sweep the rose gold shadow all over the lid and blend upward to brow bone
- Apply the plum shade to the outer half of eyelid and blend inward
- Line lower lash line with both the rose gold and plum eyeshadows replicating the same look as on eyelid
- Apply white eyeshadow to inner corners of eyes and brow bone
- Use Lise Watier Waterproof Eyeliner in Brun Noir to line lower waterline
- Use Lise Watier Liquid Eyeliner in Noir to line upper lash line
- Choose your favourite “sweet-looking” false lashes if needed (I’m using the new KISS Ever EZ Lashes)
- Apply blush and use “glow” side along cheekbones and tops of cheeks
- Finish off with Rouge Fondant Supreme in Alex
How much are you loving the rose gold trend? Do you like the idea of vloggers aka “real people” creating makeup collections?
PR samples sent for review. Affiliate links present in this post.