Shortly before I was struck down with strep throat, I was having a blast with some of the new eyeshadow palettes (Fall Look #1) from the Vasanti Cosmetics Myeong-Dong Collection and playing around with its many bright colours. The fun continues with the Casa Mila Silky Eyeshadow Duo ($22 CDN) which is a darker, more dramatic palette more in tune with the classic vampy palette of Fall.
These are both matte shadows that although built up to a wonderful intensity, were a bit hard to the touch. They weren’t quite as buttery as the Lake Palace duo.
The Lightning Liner Liquid Eyeliner in Thunderbolt ($18 CDN) is described as a “vibrant, cobalt blue”, but in person is more like a navy blue. I loved the super fine tip, but had a hard time with how far away the “handle” was as manual dexterity decreases the farther away we get. I even hold my pens/pencils very close to the bottom for absolute control (What?! You still write on paper like an old person, Jayne?)
I cannot believe I didn’t realize I had this gorgeous Luminous Cream Blush in Pinnacle! This was actually in the Flare Topbox summer edition that I just discovered a few days ago and is so incredibly creamy and one of the easiest cream blushes to blend. It’s practically foolproof!
Now, let’s get the look!
- Prime eyes and apply the dark purple Casa Mila shadow shade all over lid. Patting motions helped to reduce fallout and intensify the colour more quickly.
- Blend all the way up to and slightly past the brow bone
- Use a fluffy brush to add the dark blue shadow shade to outer V of eye and bring into crease
- Use pencil brush to replicate the same colour scheme along lower lash line
- Add any light purple shade to inner corners of eyes for some brightness
- Line lower waterline with navy blue pencil eyeliner
- Line upper lash line with Thunderbolt
- Apply your favourite black mascara
- Apply Pinnacle with fingers/brush and blend
- Apply Vasanti Lipstick in Hot Brit (SO CREAMY and PIGMENTED!) or a pink/nude shade for a more muted look (I just wanted more red!)
The lipsticks are to DIE FOR and the cream blushes amazing to work with! Would you wear this look?
Some products featured were provided for PR review.