Well, Happy New Year everyone! Festivities and general holiday fatigue have delayed this post, but a bold lip is still very much in season. Yes, I know Marsala is our colour of the year, but winter still allows for a berry bold lip with a ton of attitude. At least that’s how I feel when I wear it. I feel BOSS.
This look is all about emphasis on the lips and because the lip colour is so dark, a heavy hand with blush is absolutely necessary as dark lips tend to wash out skin.
GET THE LOOK!
- Sweep the grey purple shade from the NYC Midtown Mauve palette all over the lid and up to brow bone
- Using fluffy brush, apply dark purple shade from same palette to outer V of eyelid and bring downward to lower lash line
- Use pencil brush to replicate the same colour scheme along lower lash line
- Add light pink shade to inner corners of eyes for some brightness
- Line lower waterline with NYC Showtime Velvet Eyeliner in Black Wine
- Line upper lid with NYC Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- Apply NYC Big Bold Curl Mascara
- Apply your favourite lashes (I’m wearing Kiss Ever EZ Lashes)
- Using a lip brush for extra precision, apply NYC Ultra Moist Lipstick in Mahogany
- Add a dollop of NYC Big Bold Plumping Lipgloss in Big is Beautiful in center of lip
*I would suggest doing the lips first because how dark the lipstick looks on you will determine how much blush you will apply*
- Apply NYC Cheek Glow in NoLita Pink
- Apply NYC Sun ‘n Bronze Bronzing Powder on tops of cheeks
I hope everyone had an amazing NYE! I had a quiet one taking care of my sick kitty and spending it with friends. What did you all get up to?
I am an NYC Beauty Pro Ambassador and all products were provided for promotional purposes.