In Vancouver, we hope for snow, but rarely receive anything to brag about. If anything, I probably should have posed with an umbrella instead of a scarf to accurately capture what winter is like here. I have experienced a few icy winters in Montreal, as that is where my in-laws are from, so I drew on my chilly outdoor ice skating experience for this month’s #NYCBeautyPro theme: Ice Skating in Rockefeller Center!
Being outside in the cold winter air always seems to give just the perfect amount of colour to the lips and cheeks. If only we could package temperatures and include them as part of our makeup routines! For now, we will just have to do our best with what God has given, or in this case, New York Color. Complexion is the focus of fresh winter look so it’s all about keeping it simple when it comes to makeup.
Keep eyes neutral with a palette like Midtown Mauve, brown/black eyeliner like Showtime Velvet Eyeliner in Black/Brown and Show Time Volume Waterproof Mascara. For cheeks, you will need a shade that gives a “pinched” look like Cheek Glow in NoLiTa Pink and give lips just a hint of shine with an Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in your favourite shade. Mine was Apple Blossom.
Applelicious Glossy Lip Balms come in four shades (L-R): Apple Blossom, Blushing Golden, Applelicious Pink and Pink Lady. Along with the apple shape in the center, these lip balms also smell like apples!
Now, let’s get the look!
- For foundation, use something light like BB cream as we want to give a dewy complexion
- Prime eyes with primer provided in Midtown Mauve palette and apply taupe shadow shade all over lid
- Use a fluffy brush to add the dark wine-coloured shadow shade to outer V of eye and bring into crease
- Use pencil brush to replicate the same colour scheme along lower lash line
- Add light pink shade to inner corners of eyes for some brightness
- Line lower waterline with Showtime Velvet Eyeliner in Black/Brown
- Line upper lash line with your favourite black liquid liner
- Apply Show Time Volume Waterproof Mascara
- OPTIONAL: Apply natural-looking false lashes
- Apply Cheek Glow in NoLiTa Pink on mainly the apples of the cheeks. You can be a little heavy-handed here since this look is all about rosy cheeks!
- Apply Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in your favourite shade
- Finally, stay warm!
I am an NYC Beauty Pro Ambassador and all products were provided for promotional purposes.