MAKE UP FOR EVER has me covered for the most part in the eye makeup department from Aqua Liners to Aqua Creams to Aqua Brows. I almost always use liquid eyeliner along my upper lash line and over the years I’ve gotten very selective about what I use. Some days I feel like a felt tip applicator, other times a little brush. This month, MUFE released the brand new Ink Liner*($27.00 CDN) with a calligraphy style tip and more uniquely, a jet black MATTE liquid eyeliner that promises 12 hour wear time!
The calligraphy style tip is quite flexible and isn’t really a brush with bristles as it is one solid piece. Seeing as how I still struggle with liquid eyeliner application, this type of tip is not the easiest for me to use especially when I’m trying to create any type of wing. I found the tip a little too flexible for my taste and would prefer something that didn’t have as much give.
There is quite a bit of control since the handle is quite short and the matte black shows up very nicely. One important thing to note though is that this is NOT a waterproof eyeliner so no water sports or sweating please!
This cat eye looked way more striking in person. I guess I need to go little more crazy for the camera!
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Pro Finish Powder Foundation in #120* (review)
- MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Blush in #215 Flamingo Pink* (review)
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Matic Waterproof Glide-On Eye Shadow in I-22* (review)
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Matic Waterproof Glide-On Eye Shadow in ME-50
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Ink Liner*
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Smoky Extravagant Mascara* (review)
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Natural in N20* (review)
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Collection Lab Shine Lip Gloss in Pearly Nude (review)
Final Verdict: The lack of waterproofness is kind of scary to me because even though I don’t have oily eyelids or watery eyes, I like knowing that getting a splash of Vancouver rain on my face isn’t going to send me into raccoon/cheap hooker land. For a normal day, I was able to max out at 8 hours so not too shabby at all! The matte finish is gorgeously pigmented and I love the control I have with application thanks to the shorter handle (physics fulcrum facts FTW!). It also dries quite quickly because of the presence of alcohol. This liner won’t work for everyone especially if you live in a humid climate or in the summer, but if you love matte finishes, you will LOVE this eyeliner.
Time to weigh in! Do you prefer brush or “calligraphy” tips?
Affiliate links present. Just thought you should know.