Before this post happened, the one and only time I wore a tiara was to my wedding. I have been DYING to wear it again and to be honest, it’s hard to justify wearing one even for a night out because let’s face it. It’s a freakin’ tiara. It suddenly dawned on me that I could actually wear one for a holiday/NYE party because like Halloween, you can practically get away with the beauty equivalent of murder in the form of over-the-top looks and accessories. Lise Watier’s holiday makeup collections are always one of my favourites because there’s always glitz with an everyday element in all of their palettes.
The new Lise Watier Aurora Collection is a prime example of glam and practicality all rolled into one collection of deep purples, blues and hints of gold. I was SUPER impressed by a number of pieces in this collection, but today’s focus will be on the Aurora Palette Eyeshadows* ($43 CDN), composed of 6 ultra-pigmented metallic eyeshadows encased in a dark blue, glittery compact.
The compact is actually quite large. Think the size of a CD case (for those of you that remember buying them from a&b Sound). The product description states that these are cream-powder shadows, but I have never experienced the “cream” part. These felt just like powder and even though they weren’t the most buttery in texture, they were incredibly pigmented both in swatching and on the eyes.
Check out that purple, pink and brown! They were so easy to swatch and with all of my swatches, these are without primer. It was hard to decide which colours to work with, but for a holiday look I felt like there should be gold involved somewhere. I was tempted to go with the purple/brown/pink trio, but I might save that for another post!
GET THE LOOK!
- prime eyelids
- apply the gold shade all over lid
- apply the dark blue shade to outer third of lid and bring up into crease and into outer V with fluffy brush
- apply the dark blue shade along half the lower lash line with pencil brush
- apply the gold shade along rest of lower lash line and bring into inner corners of eye
- line lower waterline with matte black eyeliner pencil
- line upper lash line with Lise Watier Feline Eyeliner HD in Noir
- apply your favourite black mascara
- apply false lashes (if you are now addicted like me)
- apply Lise Watier Blush Fondant Supreme in Naturel* to cheeks
- apply Lise Watier Rouge Fondant Supreme in Stella*
Final Verdict: The Aurora Palette is a little bulky and a part of me wants to depot all of the colours into something more manageable, but the eyeshadows are bang on. The blue and gold didn’t look too impressive on my hand, but I barely had to work to get the shadows to show up on my eyelid with next to little fallout. All of the shades have a metallic finish which I personally love and lasted all day with eyeshadow primer. I love the colour combination of this palette and that I can go from fairly neutral (gold/brown) to party ready (purple/pink/blue)! Lise Watier always has solid Winter makeup collections that are beautifully curated and easily fit within any beauty lover’s makeup collection.
NOW, LET’S PARTY IT UP TOP HAT STYLE!